Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm always freaked out when anything unusual happens in nature. Well, I get freaked out by anything out of the ordinary in relation to other things too. But I digress. I remember seeing the moon appear about 4 times as large as normal, and red at that, one time when I was out at night as a child. I was so scared, thinking that something was really wrong in the world for the moon to look so freakishly large and red. I still don't know what caused it, but now I know it's nothing to freak out about.

I also have a hard time with freaky looking sky coloration patterns:



This is what the sky looked like just 10 minutes ago (and I know my camera doesn't capture the color perfectly, but it was pretty close on this one). I looked outside and it was a very weird sort of purpley color. My first thought? TORNADO. I guess I've only ever heard about weird colored sky in association with tornados. Maybe I should be studying meteorology!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are silly, i like when unusual things happen. life can be too normal and boring.